Thursday, April 30, 2015

Doing Good is a Pleasure

"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure!" These words ring true for me today! Yesterday a woman on the street outside my work found a wallet and brought it to me asking if It belonged to any of the parents. I opened the wallet and looked inside at the ID. I didn't recognize the woman in the photo. So I told the woman I would hold onto it in case the woman who lost came back looking. I took it to my coworker and told her what happened. Inside there was a New Mexico drivers liscence, a Costco card, and a couple bank cards. So right away my co-worker started calling Costco and the bank in hopes of locating the woman. There wasn't much luck and apparently the woman hadn't called it in stolen (if she's like me, she probably didn't notice It was gone for awhile!). So my coworker Facebook stalked her and tried to message her, but that didn't work. So then we kept an eye out on the street to see if she came looking around for it. We saw her on a bike, but by the chance we could do any thing she was already gone. Turns out she was the neighbors sister who was visiting! To think all that time she was just next door! She had called her bank to cancel her card and they told her where we were. She was so thankful! It made me feel good and I'm sure it made me coworker feel good. I also commend the woman who brought it to us! There is still lots of good in the world, sometimes you just have to start the cycle. Because the woman on the street did something good by bringing it to me, I felt the need to do good and find the owner, which in turn also made my coworker want to do good. And In the end it all worked out :) today the woman who lost her wallet came by my work again and brought us basket full of goodies as a thank you! All I can say is what goes around comes around. If you put good ou

No comments:

Post a Comment