Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Its in the Dress Code

So this article has been conquering my new feed on Facebook. You can read the article here >>>http://www.today.com/parents/dads-essay-about-5-year-olds-dress-code-shaming-goes-t18266?cid=sm_fbn
Basically this dad is POed about his daughter getting in trouble for wearing spaghetti strapped dress to school. I was reading through the comments because it entertains me. Its like reality tv in words. Most of the people agreed with the dchool and thought the dad was being ridiculous. There were a few people who were mad, But that was like 5% maybe. So here are my thoughts on the topic:
1. Its in the school handbook under the dress code that children are nut suppose to wear spaghetti straps. If you were not ok with that, then you shouldn't have signed the paper and enrolled your kid.
2. If you let your child wear revealing clothes now, then don't complain when shes a teenager and dresses in provocative clothes. Same applies to boys. Don't dress them like little gangbangers when their young and then later say "I don't know how he ended up like this!" really people... Not to say that it always turns out that way, but things happen in stages. So if you start out dressing your child in tiny shorts, they're likely to progress from there.
So those are my thoughts! If you don't agree I'm sorry. Well not really sorry. But I respect your opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment